Yoga is a practical, scientific system that brings about harmony in your inner world, from where it radiates into your interaction with others and your relationship with Nature.
Our Yoga Vana Teacher Training Course is an empowering learning journey for you to reconnect to your True Nature and, as a result, experience health and peace of mind, skillfulness in your personal interactions and a deepened awareness for your interconnection with the natural world.
Based on your intensive self-practice, the Teacher Training supports you in sharing the yogic tools with others, from your own experience and in your own words, while standing on the shoulders of a thousand year old lineage of teachers.
Our teaching team combines a wealth of experience in all aspects of the yoga system.
Mani Raman, lead teacher at Yoga Vana, has trained thousands of yoga teachers over the past 20 years.
In each Teacher Training Course, the core teaching team is supported by resource persons from all over India to give you a complete and in-depth learning experience - from classical yogic science and practice in all paths of yoga (bhakti, raja, karma, jnana) to contemporary neuro-scientific research on happiness, empathy and mindfulness.
Participants will be assessed throughout the course and need to pass a final written exam in order to receive the certificate which allows them to register with Yoga Alliance as an internationally recognised 200 Hours Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200).
Yoga Teacher Training SYLLABUS
In four weeks of residential training you will study & practice:
Introduction to Yoga
- Origin, History & Development of Yoga
- Aim, Purpose & Common Misconceptions of Yoga
- Teachings of the Vedas, Upanishads, Advaita Vedanta
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Ashtanga Yoga
Introduction to Hatha Yoga
- Difference between Yoga and Physical Exercise
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika: Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra
- Kundalini Yoga - Astral Body: chakras, nadis
- Shat Kriya - Purification Exercises
- Yogic Diet, Ethics & Lifestyle
Yoga and Physical & Mental Health
- Major Systems of the Human Body & Their Functions
- Asanas and Their Benefits
- Limitations and Contra-Indications of Yoga Practice
- Psychology & Stress Management
- Yoga for All - Pregnancy, Childhood, Old Age
- Yogic Principles for Healthy Living
- Sun Salutations - Practice & Methodology
- Yoga Asana - Practice & Methodology
- Pranayama - Practice & Methodology
- Advanced Practice: Asana & Pranayama
- Meditation - Practice & Methodology
- Kirtan & Mantra
- Seva - Selfless Service
Communication & Teaching Skills
- Deep Listening & Conscious Communication
- Coaching Students: Motivation & Guidance
- Setting up & Conducting Classes
- Business Aspects & Ethics of Teaching Yoga
- Teaching Practice - Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Individual Consultations with Lead Teachers
This training is open to anyone who is interested in deepening their knowledge and practice of yoga - independent of age, gender, religious affiliation, nationality, physical ability and previous experience with yoga.
Four weeks of intensive practice in a peaceful, silent environment with high quality teachings have transformative effect on your life even if your primary purpose is not to teach yoga to others after completion of this course.
Investment & Scholarship
We strive to make our courses accessible to anyone with the sincere desire and dedication to study and practice Yoga and share it with others. Refer to each event in the course calendar for more details.